Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Snow's Clam Chowder in a can

Whatzit: Snow's Clam Chowder (condensed)

From where: Cape May NJ (bought in Kansas)

Date: 08/14/07

Prepared: Microwave, 3/4 of a can of skim milk added, sprinkle of dried thyme

Rating:


Had this for lunch today, despite it being almost 90 out and no A/C yet today. Mixed review on this stuff. First sniff leads you to believe it's not just going to be potato soup, like so many canned clam chowders. I don't like mine watery, so I used 3/4s of a can of milk instead of the full thing. Didn't matter, it was watery anyway. Tasted more fishy than like clams, and overall a bit on the salty side. Potatoes cut small (which I like), not a lot of large clam bites. Overall I give it a 2 out of 5. I'd eat it again if I was hungry for something different and got it on sale.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber wants to know when she gets some.

Toddy said...

No, it's "Dad, will you stop screwign around and throw this FRISBEE?!?!"