Yields: 4 Servings
Total time: Less than an hour from prep to serve
- 1/3 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half
- 1 Cup Homemade broth (beef, chicken, whatever)
- (if you're lacking the broth & half/half above, just make sure you have enough liquid)
- 2 Large baked potatoes, unpeeled and cubed
- 1 TB chopped garlic
- 1 Tsp Seasoned Salt or S&P
- 3 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 3 slices (equal amount) of diced ham
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sour cream
- Chives & Tarragon optional as garnish
- In a large stockpan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour slowly until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually stir in the liquids, whisking until thickened (a few minutes)
- Stir in the taters, garlic, salt, and half the meats. Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer 10-20 minutes until you think to yourself, "Damn, that looks good!"
- Stir in the sour cream and cheese until melted.
- Serve in big bowls, top with ham, bacon, chives and tarragon if desired.