Monday, September 26, 2011

My version of chicken fajita wraps

Shocked myself at seeing I've not posted approaching a year! I'm going to forget some of the stuff I've come up with, that's for sure. No pics on this one, kinda forgot before we gobbled it. It was deemed tasty though!

  • 2 chicken quarters (thigh/drumstick)
  • 1 medium mild green pepper sliced
  • 1 medium mild red pepper sliced
  • 1 small onion sliced
Throw that all in a cast iron pan or glass dish and get it in the oven at 350. Then start making the sauce:

  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
  • 1 TB your favorite taco or chili seasoning ( I use Spanish Gardens Taco Seasoning)
Pour about half of it over the chicken & veggies and keep an eye on it so it doesn't burn. I cooked my chicken for roughly an hour. When the chicken is done, take it out and pick off the meat. Put the rest of the sauce in the pan and let it go while you pick so it warms up. Wrap up in flour tortillas with sour cream and taco sauce and enjoy! Super easy and not many ingredients!

2 comments:

TRICIA said...

Going to try this one for sure!!!

T said...

I LOVED this stuff!!!