Thursday, October 11, 2007

Mexican Casserole, super simple

Campbell's has some really easy & tasty recipes on their soup cans, usually too simple in my mind but easy to modify to your own likings.
  • 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Creamy Chicken Verde Soup (not always easy to find)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (I actually omitted and toasted up some fresh garlic & peppers)
  • 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (I didn't cube, I shredded. Grilled, not microwaved)
  • 4 flour tortillas (8"), cut into strips (seems like too much, but it's not)
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (plus some shredded white cheese)

Directions: Mix soup, water, garlic powder and chicken. Stir in tortillas. Spread mixture in 2-qt. shallow baking dish. Top with cheese. Cover. Bake at 350ºF. 25 min. or until hot. I forgot to take a picture of it in progress, oh well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love to use that soup but they no longer carry it in any of our groceries. Bastards!