Friday, September 21, 2007

Banana Berry Foster ala Toddy

Paula Deen was my inspiration for this treat. If you know me, I don't have a sweet tooth, but Tracy does and I think she enjoyed it. She was making noises I've only heard... Oh, never mind.

Not healthy at all, so pass if you're weighing yourself every day. I'm at 192 these days by the way. BUTTA!

  • 1 1/4 Cup Butter
  • 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 Cup Malibu Rum
  • 1/8 Cup Amaretto
  • 1/4 Cup Pecans
  • 1/8 Cup dried blueberries
  • 4 Banananananas
  • Ice Cream, Vanilla is perfect

Get your skillet going with the butter and brown sugar, bubbling but not burning so that it thickens up. Doesn't take too long. Add the booze, nuts & berries and meld it all together, then add the bananas last, or don't add them at all, put them on the ice cream. It'll look like this in the pan:

Get yer bowls of ice cream out, pour the gooey goodness over and serve. I bet you find it very tasty and will impress.
The blueberries I used were from Costco, whole dried in a bag and are actually somehow enhanced with sugar & stuff. Dried by very moist and juicy. This would be great with strawberries or near just about anything really. How about star fruit, now THAT would be interesting eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please stop making my tummy growl.

T said...

OMG, That was the tastiest dessert EVER! The the blueberries make it healthy. ;-)